Chinese cuisine is famous for its variety of non-veg dishes. From mouth-watering pork belly to spicy Sichuan chicken, Chinese restaurants are a paradise for meat lovers. If you’re a fan of non-veg dishes, then you’ll definitely want to try some of the most popular non-veg dishes at Chinese restaurants. Here are some of the most loved non-veg dishes that you should try:
- Kung Pao Chicken: Kung Pao Chicken is one of the most popular non-veg dishes in Chinese cuisine. It’s a spicy stir-fry dish made with diced chicken, peanuts, and vegetables like bell peppers and onions. The chicken is marinated in soy sauce and then stir-fried with the vegetables and spices like Sichuan peppercorns and dried chili peppers.
- Peking Duck: Peking Duck is a famous Chinese dish that’s known for its crispy skin and juicy meat. The duck is roasted and then served with thin pancakes, scallions, and hoisin sauce. To enjoy this dish, wrap the crispy duck meat and skin in the pancakes with the sauce and scallions.
- Shrimp Dumplings: Shrimp dumplings, also known as har gow, are a popular non-veg dish at dim sum restaurants. These dumplings are made with a thin wrapper filled with shrimp, bamboo shoots, and seasonings. They are steamed until tender and served with soy sauce and chili sauce.
- Pork Belly: Pork belly is a popular non-veg dish in Chinese cuisine. It’s a fatty cut of pork that’s cooked until tender and then glazed with a sweet and savory sauce. The dish is often served with rice and steamed vegetables.
- Ma Po Tofu: Ma Po Tofu is a spicy and flavorful non-veg dish made with tofu and ground pork. The dish is flavored with Sichuan peppercorns, chili oil, and fermented black beans. It’s served with rice or noodles and is a popular dish in Sichuan cuisine.
- Beef and Broccoli: Beef and broccoli is a classic non-veg dish in Chinese cuisine. It’s made with sliced beef and broccoli stir-fried with a savory sauce made with soy sauce, oyster sauce, and garlic. The dish is often served with rice.
- Hot and Sour Soup: Hot and sour soup is a popular soup in Chinese cuisine that’s made with meat, usually pork, and vegetables like mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and tofu. The soup is flavored with vinegar, soy sauce, and chili oil and has a spicy and sour flavor.
These are just a few of the most popular non-veg dishes at Chinese restaurants. There are many other delicious non-veg dishes to try like dumplings, wontons, and crispy fried chicken. If you’re a non-veg lover, then Chinese restaurants are a must-visit for their delectable non-veg dishes.